My business cards all contain a blessing/amulet in the form of a three letter abbreviation, also called a Roshei Tevot (ראשי תיבות), Siman (סימן), or Notarikon (נוטריקון). People generally call these “kabbalah,” but abbreviated phrases as an amulet or talisman is a very ancient, pre-kabbalah practice.
If you want one as a wallet card or altar card, let me know, I’ll send it along for free!
Here’s the key:
Detailed descriptions below.
- Blue: אלד – Evil Eye Ward
- Green: ההע – attracting and awakening love
- Purple: כלי – fertility, creativity, maturity
- Black: כהת -Purifying negative energies
- אלד is for protection from the evil eye and jealousy
- Abbreviation of אנא למדני דתך
- “Please teach me your religion”
- Blue is ancient color for the warding of the evil eye, and aligns with the sephira of wisdom
- ההע is for attracting and awakening love
- Abbreviation of: הנני היום עומד
- “Here I stand today”
- Green is the color of the sephira of Binah (understanding)
- כלי is fertility, creativity, maturity (menopause)
- Abbreviation of: כי לדברך יחלתי
- “I have put my hope in your word” (Psalm 119:74)
- Purple is aligned with the sephira of Tiferet ( תפארת)/ Beauty or Glory.
- כהת is for purifying negative energies
- Abbreviation of: כל־היום תהלתך
- “I will praise you all day long” (Psalm 35:28)
- Black is a color often associated with protection and purification of negative energies, and aligns with the sephira of Malchut (מלכות)/ Sovereignty.
Request a Card Amulet